Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

and everytime i go back to get a trim it end up being the way it was or even shorter. im trying to grow my hair out but she tells me i have dead ends and they need to be trimmed, how can i have bad dead ends when i go every 3 months sometimes even 2? should i stop getting my hair trimmed, go see a different stylest?



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

Go to a differnet sylist!!! Some people just don't understand how to trim hair as opposed to cutting it! I've had plenty of trims where my hair was longer than it was at the end of the previous hair cut.



You may also want to try going every 2 months instead of every 3 months. This may prevent the split ends from getting so bad she feels the need to cut more of your hair than you want to part with!



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

if you've been taking good care of your hair, technically that shouldn't occur.



there are many factors that might be hurting your hair. split ends, in this case most likely, are a result of external environmental influences.



-sleeping on a cotton/polyesther pillow destroys the tips fast: switch to a cotton or even go further and get a silk/feather pillow.



-as the hair gets longer, understanding that more time needs to be devoted to the hair, which includes more frequent clenses, better combing, etc. get the proper tools.



-hair, in its quest to do something, gets more sensitive to certain products. but salon products never go wrong. a bit expensive, but worth the risk.



now im in the same situation as you. i have never gone to a stylist yet, only because i dont want to pay $20 for a trim. rather i just let my hair grow, take good care of it, and then shave it all off! I know, it sounds counterintuative, but believe it or not, the next time i grow it out, the hair is thicker, stronger, and the split end take longer to show up, meaning my hair gets longer. I've already gone through three cycles (over the past year) and my hair is currently down to bottom of my neck, split end free!



growing hair out for first time may be a b%26amp;*#h and time consuming, but stay devoted to it and your hair will be great!



... meanwhile i'm gonna go and shave my head now.



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

what are you jabbering about?



CUt your hair if you want it short



LEave it if you want it long



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

go to a different stylist, take your hair in your hand show her or him how much u want off, im a stylist when i make my first cut i show the client and ask if its OK or less or more ask ur stylist to do that, tell them point blank i dont care if the ends are bad i only want this amount off, then ask them to recommend a shampoo and conditioner and a weekly treatment for ur hair, that way it will look better and have less damage



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

dont go and get your haircut every three months. i know that my stylist always cuts alll the dead ends off and its always a little shorter than i want it. just dont go until its even longer than you want. i think you should also probaly go to a different stylist too, this one doesnt sound like shes listening to you



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

Get 1/4 inch off every 2 (that's right, 2) months! Hair grows 1/2 inch a month (faster in warm weather, slower in cold weather). That way you end up with healthy hair that is 3/4 an inch longer after every cut. Stop using heat on your hair. Always comb it out from the bottom to the top instead of the other way around. Use silicon drops (every mfg. makes one) on the ends. There is an old superstition about getting your hair cut on a new moon...



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

well being a hair stylist myself I would say that you need to go to a new hair stylist ... You are not getting the satisfaction that you deserve... The customer should be happy when they leave... You go to get your hair done to feel better about yourself .... Ask around ask your friends, or co-workers were they go



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

i think you should see someone else, as long as your not just being paranoid. your stylist should to be able to just "dust" the ends to help eliminate your split ends. make sure your using good conditioner, maybe even a leave in, to keep your damage to a minimum



Hair cut help!!! i get my hair trimmed every 3 months?

I hate to say this but I would go to somebody else. I've been doing hair for 23 years now and worked with a lot of different stylist. I don't think you will ever get through to her to just cut what you say and no more. This may sound funny, but get a hairdresser that has long hair instead of short. They will be more understanding. Some hairdressers don't like to fool with long hair. I'm not saying your stylist doesn't, but she may be thinking she is not giving you your moneys worth by not cutting off more. Besides there are ways to get rid of split ends without taking the lenght..A skillfully used razor., for one.Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server